Be a decision maker & data analyst.
Automate Your Financial Processes and Take Workflow to the Next Level
Getting the most out of CaseWare
Financial Reporting is a Huge Hassle
Your Accounting System Needs Some Work
Your Finance Department Processes Could Operate More Smoothly
Need to Go Virtual & Paperless
Need Training & CPE
We love helping finance departments thrive! Tap into our team of industry & product experts for your full service consulting, staffing, and financial report automation solutions. We’re committed to providing the guidance, tools, and services that foster lifelong success for your finance team.
Financial reporting solutions that streamline your processes and automate workflow.
Reduce repetitive, redundant manual workflows by automating certain accounting processes and get your CAFR, Budget Book, Controller's Report out now.
Super-power your spreadsheets with customized templates giving you accurate data you can use to make quicker, stronger decisions.
Our custom reporting solutions meet you where you're at today and plan for where you want your finance department to be. We'll create, install your custom template and train you on it, providing as little or as much support as you need.
We stay with you before, during, and after your audit to guide you, advocate for you, and automate your process.
We are passionate about empowering finance teams to improve their audit experience by building them automation, accuracy, and independence.
During strenuous times or major upheavals like new hires, software changes, new GAAP/GASB pronouncements, you may need some help with your workload.
Delegate work that will get your projects accomplished and leverage off our experts to make custom solutions to improve your workflow.
Does Your Finance Workflow Need a Power-up?
Maybe you need help to streamline your processes, or are new to this and need some expert guidance from a government accounting consultant or trainer.
We'll take a look at your overall workflow and look for redundancies so we can automate the repetitive and create an effective workflow for your finance department.
Just need training and CPE?
We've got training for CaseWare Essentials, GASB/Budget Essentials, Tips & Tricks, and other topics.
Whether you need CPE, have new staff, or want to learn new best practices, we can help. All of our Implementation includes training as well. We don't believe in turning you loose without it.
We'll also put together custom event with content tailored to you and your team!
Your accounting system needs some work.
Behind on data entry, bank reconciliations, etc.? Want to streamline processes and automate but not sure where to start?
We'll analyze your processes to see what's working well and where you can make improvements. We'll also provide the right software solutions and custom automated reports to get and keep your finance department running at optimal performance.
And, if you just need someone to clean up the data and provide best practices moving forward, we can do that too.
Go virtual & paperless with customized software solutions.
Whether you have a current software that you need customized or are looking to implement a new solution, we'll assess where you are at now and where you want to go and select the right solutions for you.
We'll implement the software, train your team, and offer ongoing support so you're the master of the data.
Fully automate your audit preparation.
CaseWare's Audit and Reporting software enables full-automation of audit preparation, financial statement preparation, and financial reporting including CAFR, Component Units, Enterprise Funds and Special Purpose Districts.
CaseWare's power is enormous, and we can help you harness it. We know the ins & outs of CaseWare and can help you utilize all of it's power for reports that make your job easier.
We offer: support, training, customization, product selection, SDK programming, automation, and updating/upgrading on all things CaseWare.
Expert services for finance, accounting, tech, and software.
We offer support along with our implementation as well as a stand-alone service for select solutions.
We also have a central 'Help Desk' that assists you with software/add-on selection, process customization, and training.
Industries We Work With
Accountants & Firms
What Our Clients Are Saying About Us
“They really felt like part of our team, working with and for us."
“They have perfected their methodology. Ours is a large and complex installation, yet they handled it efficiently. They built all of the tables and the notes were prebuilt. Going forward we just need to update them. They even set up the table of contents for us, properly formatted and automatically updated.”
Meet Your Team
Absolute powerhouses and industry leaders for the GASB CaseWare template! Our team of accountants, auditors, programmers, trainers, project managers and financial reporting experts have been providing Custom Report Automation solutions since 2001.
Related reading about Governmental Accounting…
- What You Need to Know Regarding Single Audit Compliance Related to COVID-19 Federal Funds ReceivedWhat You Need to Know Regarding Single Audit Compliance Related to COVID-19 Federal Funds Received OMB issues M 20-26, a memorandum regarding the extension of Administrative Relief for Recipients and Applicants of Federal Financial Assistance Directly Impacted by COVID-19, dated June 18, 2020, which provides some clarification on “Administrative Relief Exceptions for COVID-19 Crisis” and specifies required appropriate records and documentation to maintain supporting charges against the federal ...
- COVID-19: 401(k) Plan Employer’s Action ListThe Families First Coronavirus Response Act “FFCRA” and Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security Act “CARES Act” have impacted employee benefits and retirement plans in general. Here’s some of the many changes included in those acts that we want you to be aware of and suggestions for actions to take. Changes CARES Act allows early withdrawals made on or after Jan. 1, 2020 without the 10% penalty for early ...
- Coronavirus, Emergency Funding, and Single Audit GuidanceAs we are all aware, information related to Coronavirus changes by the hour. The financial ramifications of the economic shutdown in response to Coronavirus are expected to significantly, adversely affect individuals and the public and private sectors. To ease these negative consequences, the Federal Government has provided stimulus payments to individuals, small business loans, payment protection program loans, and federal emergency assistance grant programs. Many of these ...
- COVID-19 Resources for Government Financial DepartmentsThe COVID-19 pandemic has affected local government nationwide. We understand there are numerous items keeping you up at night and everyone is trying to take one issue at a time. Unfortunately, during this time the budgets for next year are being made, with large amounts of uncertainties, and now the current year is coming to a close with even more uncertainty. Here are some quick link resources ...
- Keeping Internal Controls Solid in a Remote EnvironmentBy now I am sure you have either already completed, are in the middle of, or are preparing for your interim audit fieldwork. Auditors’ use this time to assess and often times test your internal controls over financial reporting, checking levels of review and approval, safeguards over financial assets and embedded controls and user access within your accounting system. This fiscal year, things are likely business as ...
- Tips for a Successful Remote Interim AuditWhat a month it has been, right? We couldn’t have imagined our world and the way we work to literally change overnight, but we have seen just that. Local government finance departments saw priorities and “business as usual” change almost immediately. This time of year, priorities are usually focused on the upcoming fiscal year budget. And, of course, looking forward to LSL’s amazing Annual GASB Update Event! ...
- GASB Standards DelayGiven the current circumstances surrounding COVID-19, the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) began a project to tentatively delay current and pending standards by up to one year, subject to due process. An exposure draft is slated for release within the next few weeks with a short comment period. The GASB has a goal of finalizing the project by late May or early June. Currently, GASB Statement Nos. 83, ...
- GASB 87 Update: Lease AccountingA year and half from now, governmental entities will be reporting leases in accordance with GASB Statement No. 87(which is first effective for June 30, 2021, year ends). While it may seem like a long time, the time and effort needed to prepare for implementation will be significant for many entities, and that time is rapidly approaching. For that reason, we’ve laid out five key steps to follow ...
- GASB 84 Update: Fiduciary ActivitiesAs we wrap up our June 30, 2019 audits, we are now well into fiscal year 2020, which brings us a new, and potentially challenging accounting pronouncement! In January 2017, the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) issued Statement No. 84, Fiduciary Activities, which establishes criteria for identifying and reporting fiduciary activities for all state and local governments. This statement is effective for fiscal years beginning after Dec. 15, 2018. Backstory Prior ...
- Insight When Considering a Cloud ERP Program / ServiceSo you’re considering moving to an ERP Program or Service in the Cloud. Here is some insight on the opportunities, the risks, and things to consider when considering a cloud ERP Program, or Service: The Opportunities and Benefits: Cost – Cloud computing eliminates capital expenses involved with hardware, software setup and upgrades. If the cloud is based off-site with a third-party it eliminates electricity and cooling costs associated with ...
- Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing an ERP ImplementationERP stands for Enterprise Resource Planning and refers to a suite of software applications that the organization use to manage activities. The key benefits include integration of systems across Organization departments and business functions into a common database and therefore promoting efficiency, improved control, and more streamlined processes. In today’s environment with increased computer data and non-communicating systems and processes, sounds like something your Organization could use, right? Well ...
- California State Association of County Auditors (CalSACA) SACA Spring Conference & Golf Tournament – April 15-18, 2019Location: Resort at Squaw Creek, Lake Tahoe Speakers: Bryan Gruber, CPA and Ken Macias, CPA Also attending: Rich Kikuchi, CPA, Debbie Harper, CPA and Brandon Young, CPA Topic: TBA More info and to register: https://www.calsaca.org/calendar
- LSL CPAs attend the 2019 CSMFO ConferenceThe LSL CPAs Government Team is having some fun at the 2019 CSMFO Conference in Palm Springs, CA. Thank you to everyone who had the opportunity to drop by our booth! LSL CPAs wanted to take full advantage of this year’s Conference Theme: Guardians of the Finance Galaxy. Using Nerf guns, “contestants” had 4 opportunities to shoot down the Guardian’s target – Winners got a special prize! Not only ...