Because the comfort, health and well-being of you, your employees and our staff at LSL continues to be our top priority, we’ve made the decision to keep our offices closed to outside guests until April 30th, 2021. However, this will not change the level of service you receive from us. We are prepared and equipped to meet our commitments to you.
One of the ways we’ll be working remotely with you during the 2021 tax season is through a secure document gathering and sharing system called TaxCaddy.
We tested TaxCaddy last year and we now wish to offer it to all our clients for their individual tax returns. We will still have the drop box outside our office and of course we will still be able to receive your information through mail, email, or upload.
But, if you choose to opt-in, TaxCaddy is about more than just delivering your information to us. Yes, it will allow you to submit your tax documents. It will also allow you to provide electronic signatures, receive and store your tax returns, communicate with our staff, and even make tax payments through a secure online platform. In addition, you will also have the option to skip the paper organizer and answer a short questionnaire within TaxCaddy. TaxCaddy is available on any device: PC, Mac, tablet, and the TaxCaddy app for iPad, iPhone, and Android.
Here’s what you can expect:
- TaxCaddy is provided at no cost to you.
- Your TaxCaddy account will reflect your tax return progress. You will be able to see your open items list instantly and let us know with a click when you’re done uploading.
- You will be able to direct message your tax professional through the TaxCaddy app.
- You can submit documents by taking pictures with the TaxCaddy mobile app, uploading files, or manually entering information. Please let us know if any upload requires our immediate attention.
- For greater convenience, you will also have the option of authorizing TaxCaddy to retrieve documents automatically from your financial institutions which will give us access to them as soon as they are initially available or when they are updated.
- Technical support and troubleshooting are available by email and chat in the TaxCaddy Help Center.
If you’d like to use Tax Caddy, please fill out this short form using the ‘Request TaxCaddy invitation’ button below and we’ll have TaxCaddy send you an email invitation with your personalized link to sign up and get started. It will be sent by [email protected] with the subject line “LSL invited you to create a TaxCaddy account.” The email will contain instructions with three easy steps to get started. (Note: Please wait for your personalized link. It should arrive in one or two business days. Please do NOT use the “Sign Up Free” option on the TaxCaddy website. )
We’re convinced that TaxCaddy will reduce the effort that you have to put into your taxes. And in this unusual time, we think it will be especially valuable. We’re excited to offer you this powerful new tool and look forward to continuing to work with you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have questions.
Want to use TaxCaddy?