Leading Orange County CPA Firm for Government
Read about our Municipal Covid-19 Policy here.
A serious breach in financial or data controls is an increasing concern in governments. Making proactive improvements regularly can mitigate such risks. LSL CPAs is a leading firm for audits and advisory services of state and local governments and federal agencies. Our firm frequently tops the list when governments are considering a change of auditors; this is because of our in-depth understanding of accounting rules specific to government agencies and our good reputation in the industry.
Working year-round, LSL CPAs prepares Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFR) as well as Single Audits under OMB Circular A-133 and the new uniform guidance. We also have particular experience in compliance reviews of government contracts and internal audits of operations to identify areas of potential loss, abuse or waste. Such transparency is an emerging need that our team can support for executives, boards and councils.
State and local governments and federal agencies request our consulting on financial accounting and reporting models and budgeting. Our strong network of retired CFOs and other government professionals can also assist with interim staffing or other professional staffing arrangements as needed.
Financial and Compliance audits
Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFR) preparation and review
Single Audits (OMB Circular A-133 and new Uniform Guidance)
Agreed upon procedures
Litigation support (consulting and expert witness)
Policies and procedures/Internal controls
Interim reporting or staffing
CAFR reporting models
Financial training and education
GASB implementation consulting
IT strategic planning and consulting
Our approach to accounting and attest in government is proactive rather than reactive. Contact Rich Kikuchi, Bryan Gruber or Debbie Harper, our dedicated government Partners, today.
Related reading about Governmental Accounting…
- Coronavirus, Emergency Funding, and Single Audit Guidance May 6, 2020 As we are all aware, information related to Coronavirus changes by the hour. The financial ramifications of the economic shutdown in response to Coronavirus are expected to significantly, adversely affect individuals and the public and private sectors. To ease these negative consequences, the Federal ...
- COVID-19 Resources for Government Financial Departments May 5, 2020 The COVID-19 pandemic has affected local government nationwide. We understand there are numerous items keeping you up at night and everyone is trying to take one issue at a time. Unfortunately, during this time the budgets for next year are being made, with large ...
- Keeping Internal Controls Solid in a Remote Environment May 4, 2020 By now I am sure you have either already completed, are in the middle of, or are preparing for your interim audit fieldwork. Auditors’ use this time to assess and often times test your internal controls over financial reporting, checking levels of review and ...
- Tips for a Successful Remote Interim Audit April 10, 2020 What a month it has been, right? We couldn’t have imagined our world and the way we work to literally change overnight, but we have seen just that. Local government finance departments saw priorities and “business as usual” change almost immediately. This time of ...
- GASB Standards Delay April 10, 2020 Given the current circumstances surrounding COVID-19, the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) began a project to tentatively delay current and pending standards by up to one year, subject to due process. An exposure draft is slated for release within the next few weeks with ...
- GASB 87 Update: Lease Accounting December 16, 2019 A year and half from now, governmental entities will be reporting leases in accordance with GASB Statement No. 87(which is first effective for June 30, 2021, year ends). While it may seem like a long time, the time and effort needed to prepare for implementation ...
- GASB 84 Update: Fiduciary Activities December 16, 2019 As we wrap up our June 30, 2019 audits, we are now well into fiscal year 2020, which brings us a new, and potentially challenging accounting pronouncement! In January 2017, the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) issued Statement No. 84, Fiduciary Activities, which establishes criteria for ...