Leading Orange County Firm for International Tax Services
In today’s fast-paced global marketplace it is essential to make sure that you are complying with all IRS International Tax filing requirements. Your business needs a CPA that is current on all reporting requirements whether you are a foreign company doing business in the United States or a United States company doing business abroad. LSL will develop an international tax strategy that will ensure your business is in compliance and that you understand all the tax implications associated with doing business internationally.
International Tax Services include:
Tax Cuts & Jobs Act (TCJA) of 2017
- Compliance with TCJA
Inbound (Investors coming to the U.S.)
- Taxation and reporting requirements for foreign companies and individuals investing in US companies
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program
- Form 5472 - Information Return of a 25% Foreign-Owned U.S. Corporation or a Foreign Corporation Engaged in a U.S. Trade or Business
- Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act of 1980 (FIRPTA)
- FIRPTA Compliance
Outbound (U.S. companies investing overseas)
- Tax implications and reporting requirements for US companies and individuals investing overseas
- Foreign tax credits
- Tax treaties
- Form 5471 - Information Return of U.S. Persons with respect to certain Foreign Corporations
- Form 8858 - Information Return of U.S. Person with respect to Foreign Disregarded Entities
- Form 8865 - Return of U.S. Persons with respect to certain Foreign Partnerships
Withholding and reporting requirements for transactions with foreign individuals or companies
- Interest paid on loans from foreign entities
- Gifting from non-US resident to US citizens
- Form 1042 - Annual Withholding Tax Return for U.S. Source Income of Foreign Persons
- Form 1042-S - Foreign Person's U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding
- Form 1042-T - Annual Summary and Transmittal of Forms 1042-S
Foreign Bank Reporting
Consulting on international taxation issues
- Disclosures and filing requirements for foreign trust and foreign bank/brokerage accounts held by US citizens
- FinCEN Form 114 - Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts
- Form 8938 - Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets
Internal Control Testing
To better serve our clients we have staff that is fluent in the following languages:
If you need International Tax Services, feel free to contact Yana Weaver at 714-569-1000.
IRS International Tax Videos
In 2015, the IRS also created videos to assist international taxpayers with some of their most common questions. The videos cover the following international taxpayer topics:
Related reading about International Taxes…
- Why Loading Up On Inventory to Beat a Tax Increase Can Be a Mistake In late 2018, the United States government announced the new Excise Tax for products purchased from China. Many distributors and manufacturers raced out and purchased extra merchandise to avoid the Excise Tax for as long as possible. By purchasing excess inventory, they thought they would be saving money because they would have the inventory in the United States before the tax would take effect. Many people bought ...
- New Form 5472 Filing Requirements: Reporting obligations of foreign-owned U.S. disregarded entities Effective December 13, 2016, the United States Treasury issued the final regulations that treat a domestic disregarded entity wholly owned by a foreign person as a reporting entity separate from its owner for the purpose of record maintenance and associated compliance requirements that apply to 25% foreign-owned domestic corporations under Code Sec. 6038A. As a result, new form 5472 filing requirements must be filed by a ...
- ITIN expiration – What foreign nationals and business owners need to know First a bit of context to make certain that you are in the affected group. The IRS has defined the need for ITIN’s thusly: “ITINs play a critical role in the tax administration system and assist with the collection of taxes from foreign nationals, resident and nonresident aliens and others who have filing or payment obligations under U.S. law. Designed specifically for tax administration purposes, ITINs are ...